Delta Dash Rules and Information
Race Date: Saturday 13 April 2019
Place: Delta Park, Standard Drive, Blairgowrie, Randburg, Johannesburg
Starting Time: 09:00 until 15:00
Prize Giving: 15:15
Race Details: 6 Hour endurance Mountain Bike Race in the Delta Park.
(5-7km laps) Team / Individual race. Two or three members per team. Most
completed laps in time allowed will win prizes.
Entry Fee: Online R220 per rider
Entries at www.deltadashmtb.co.za
Prizes: Prize for 1st place in all categories
Online entries close on Wednesday 10 April 2019 at 12:00pm .
Number collection and late entries will be on Saturday 13 April between 7am and 8.30am at Delta Park School.
Late entries on the day: Additional cost of R40 per rider from 07:00 to 8:30 on Race day. Please email team changes and substitutions to firstname.lastname@example.org before race day. Team changes or substitutions might not be able to be made on the day.
Line entries will only be available if the maximum number of entries has not already been exceeded.
Categories: Team of Three: Male Jnr (13-18)
Team of Three: Female Jnr (13-18)
Team of Three: Male Senior (19+)
Team of Three: Female Senior (19+)
Team of Three: Mixed (13+) (1x of opposite sex)
Individuals: Male 19+
Individuals: Female 19+
Single speed – Individual only
Timing by Great time
Delta Dash MTB
- There are line entries on the day from 7am to 8.30am – providing maximum number of entries has not been reached.
- Categories for racing are: Mens solo, Ladies Solo, Mens Three person Team, Ladies Three person Team, Open Mixed Three person teams, Junior mens three person team, Junior Ladies three person team, Mixed Three person team , Single Speed
- Lap racing on +-5km course
- Teams of Two three or solo (only Solo and Three person teams qualify for prizes)
- R220 online entry fee
- Starts at 9, ends at 3pm
- Only 1 lap is necessary to get you on the results and any number of laps you can fit in, in the 6 hours – you can stop riding and rest, and then start again when you like.
- Parking for riders is on the field – first come, first served. Feel free to come around on Friday after 3pm to mark your spot but there is no guarantee it isn't taken in the morning.
- Race briefing at 8.45am
- No solo riders under the age of 19
- Under 13s are allowed to ride in a team with an adult on it
- Timing by Great time
- 2 people teams are acceptable, there is just no category for them so not eligible for any prizes
- We don’t have a problem with dogs, as long as they are on lead and cared for throughout the day. They need to be kept away from the cyclists and off the track
- Gas braais are allowed – No braais are allowed
- Food and drinks will be for sale on the day. Coffee and cakes and breakfast rolls will be sold in the morning.
- There are some fun activities for kids and the race is very family friendly.
- It is suitable for supporters/spectators
- Medics are on site all day